(Washington, DC) On Monday, April 29, at 11 am, Mayor Muriel Bowser and 100 Resilient Cities will present the District’s first resilience strategy, Resilient DC, focused on preparing the city for new challenges and promoting actions related to inclusive growth, climate, smart cities, health, and equity.
The strategy is the result of a nearly two-year process of shared discovery that resulted in a deeper, cross-sector understanding of some of DC’s most important challenges.
Following the presentation, a panel of experts will explore the issues presented in Resilient DC and scale them up nationally.
Copies of the strategy will be available at the event and online.
Monday, April 29, at 11 am
- Mayor Muriel Bowser
- Rashad Young, City Administrator
- Michael Berkowitz, President, 100 Resilient Cities
- Clarence Anthony, Executive Director, National League of Cities
- Kevin Bush, Chief Resilience Officer
- Brandi Gilbert, Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Cathleen Kelly, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
- Marion McFadden, Senior Vice President for Public Policy and Senior Advisor for Resilience, Enterprise Community Partners
- Christina Sturdivant-Sani, Freelance Journalist
National League of Cities
660 North Capitol Street, NW
*Closest Metro Station: Union Station*